HPE 9000 and HPE e3000 Servers
1752598 Members
5876 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: secure web console firmware location?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bob Blunt
Respected Contributor

At 192.6.165.37/dist/webconsole you should find directories for:

A1.9
A2.0
A2.0a
A2.5
and
README.txt

(you might have to click on the "parent directory" to get back to this level...) Under the A2.5 is the wonderful message "There is NO A2.5 version..." At least IT has a message. A2.0a is just empty.

Embarrasing is what I call it.

On the positive side, the J3591A works quite well with an Alpha console running OpenVMS. H8571-E at the SWC, BC16E and H8571-J at the Alpha end with a DB9 Com port connection. It passes P and other control sequences just fine.

bob
Stan Sieler
Respected Contributor

HP sent me four emails on 2011-02-07 saying that 13, then 14, then 15, and then 16 new
replies were available in this old thread ...
I went to see them (using the links HP sent), and
there were no new replies (11 or 12 old ones, at most).

Indeed, nothing in the thread is even remotely new.

Did they ever exist, or was this a bug in the ITRC forum update notification software?

Did someone from HP delete them?

thanks,

Stan
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Stan, there were some new replies (me too questions) and I replied with the new location of the software.

Hmmm, gone.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

From notification mail:

Dear Torsten.,

You have asked Hewlett-Packard to notify you of the replies to the following HP Support Forums discussion topic:

secure web console firmware location?
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-9000/secure-web-console-firmware-location/m-p/2671547

Someone just posted a reply to the above question. There 17 in total to the question. Please visit the message by clicking the hyperlink above to read the most recent reply.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

Stan Sieler
Respected Contributor

Torsten...that's what I thought. thanks for the update!

Stan
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

the question is: Why do you reply to a 6-7 year old thread?
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Stan Sieler
Respected Contributor

Melvyn asks why one would reply to an old thread, although it isn't clear if he was asking (deleted Torsten), me, or Torsten.

I'll make a guess at all three ... at least one of which I
have excellent insight into :)

1, (deleted Torsten)

Torsten noticed the old thread (or remembered it), and realized he could contribute useful information) (to wit: the location of the "Secure" Web Console firmware) and posted the information. Sure, the thread's old ... but it's *findable* via a search, and *YOUR CUSTOMERS* [#1] are going to find that thread when they look for the info, so Torsten is to be thanked for taking the trouble to update the information for HP's customers/users/shareholders.

Note that from the small viewstand offered by this one thread, we don't know if he posted the information elsewhere, which might make it visible to users who
check dates on forum search results ... but regardless of that, the information is useful *here*. too.

Or, it would have been useful ... until some mean-spirited person deleted it ... without even the courtesy of posting a marketing-speak explanation. (Had said deleter posted an explanation, I, Torsten, and Melvyn wouldn't have had to invest our time posting :)

2. me

(I'm sure you're not asking me why I posted, because *the answer was in my post*, eh? Still...)

HP's ITRC software sent me two emails, saying there had been new activity on the thread...in fact, the first email
said (IIRC) that there were now 13 posts. The second email said there were 14. So, I clicked on the link the software thoughtfully provided ... no new posts were visible. Now, the ITRC software has *LONG* been known to be lacking (particularly in the search facility), so I chalked it up to someone at HP screwing up something (e.g., changing the system date and saying "look for new posts").

But...the ITRC software a few hours later sent me two *more* emails, saying posts 15 and 16 were available. I followed the thoughtfully provided link ... no new posts.

*That's* when I posted, hoping to elicit other user's comments as to whether or not they'd received similar emails from the ITRC and/or similarly also saw no new posts.

3. Torsten again

Torsten was kind enough to post after my post, explaining part of the mystery.

Torsten ... thanks again, Stan!
Email me sometime if you're in the Cupertino area, and I'll pick up lunch!

sieler@allegro.com

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Somebody else was posting to this old thread asking where to find the secure webconsole firmware 2.0, since it is missing where it was years ago.

I was so kind to answer and post the link :-)

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=443375&swItem=ux-52880-1&prodNameId=86762&swEnvOID=54&swLang=13&taskId=135&mode=4&idx=0

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.