5880 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: source detail: 3 = low voltage dc power

Nelson Chamba
Regular Advisor

Hi MK,

Yes the rp24xx has the cover switch and if you don't cover it, it will not boot, i did it well and switched ON the buttom but it just power ON for a 1min and than goes off again. I don't know what to do now.

Were is the cover switch located?

NC

Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

Hi Nelson,

Regarding the interlock switch:

This is located in the power supply/fan housing shroud.

Try the following at this point:

- Remove the AC power cord.     

- Push the small white button at the rear of the system to the off position.

- Secure the cover, making sure its seated fully enough to tighten the thumbscrews.

- Insert the AC cord; wait until you have GSP connectivity on your serial console.

- Push the power button on.

- The system should remain powered on and you should see POST messages scrolling on the console.

Also, I noted that your first chassis code regarding a power issue reports a Source ID of FF.  This is in indication that you have an older revision of the Platform Monitor.  This was an issue several years ago, where the PM was not able to accurately report power issues.  Unfortunately, the PM on this server is a part of the system board. You can check this by reviewing the part number:

A6889-69001 / A6889-60001  is the original version of the part.

A6889-69101 / A6889-60101/67101 (or higher) is the newer part.

It may come down to replacing this board if the above steps resulted in similar problems.

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
Nelson Chamba
Regular Advisor

Hi Robert,

the A6889-69001 / A6889-60001 and the A6889-69101 / A6889-60101/67101 are system board part number?

I need to import them to replace ASAP.

Regards.

Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

Correct, these are part numbers for the rp2470 server system board.  The part you want to obtain is part # A6889-69101 as this is the later revision and it can replace the older revision board.  A couple of things to note with replacing system boards in these servers:

- I am assuming you are getting the board from the used market.   Be sure the one you obtain was orignally from an rp2470 and not an rp2430.  The system board part is the same, but firmware on the rp2430 model restricts certain components.  Only HP is able to "upgrade" the board to make it function it as an rp2470 (unless your system was previously upgraded and you have an Upgrade Certificate).   If your replacement board was taken from an rp2470, then you will be OK.  Also note that your SWID, or Host ID, will change (uname -i).  If you have applications that use this value for licensing you will need to contact them to change this. 

- There are DIP switches on the board that allow you to set the CPU type/speed.  The DIP switch block is located at the rear of the system board, near the GSP daughter board.   Set them accordingly:

650 Mhz:  1 0 1 1 1 1

750 Mhz:  1 0 0 1 1 1

Good luck!

-Bob

----------------
Nelson Chamba
Regular Advisor

Hi Robert,

I got a new board and replaced, now the erro is:
- Source: 6 = Platform
Souce detail: 7 = power monitor Source ID: 0
Problem Detail: 4 = internal failure

caller activiry: 2 = operation Status: F
Caller Subactiviry: 00 = unspecified
Reporting Entity Type: 2 = power monitor Reporting Entity Id: 00

how do i proceed?

regards.
Nelson/

Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

Does this system remain powered on at this point?

----------------
Nelson Chamba
Regular Advisor

No, still off and I order a new server to replace this one.

So with all your support I say thank you i learned a lot but I'm leaving this ticket.

cheers.

NC/