Operating System - HP-UX
1748102 Members
4890 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Entitlement to knowledge for Operations Agent, Performance Agent, Glance, GlancePlus

SOLVED
Go to solution
Joe Ledesma
Frequent Advisor

Entitlement to knowledge for Operations Agent, Performance Agent, Glance, GlancePlus

Intended audience: HP-UX users with an HPE support agreement for HP-UX technical support for DC-OE, HA-OE, or VSE-OE who use the Operations Agent, Performance Agent, Glance, GlancePlus, etc. included in those HP-UX operating environments and would like to access the knowledge for this provided by HPE Software in softwaresupport.hpe.com.

Solution: In softwaresupport.hpe.com, become entitled by entering your SAID for HP-UX support and this will be identified as an entitlement for a product, "performance agent," allowing access to the knowledge there.

For more information, see the attachment.

(Note: Attachment was uploaded as .pdf but download has _pdf so change the file extension after downloading it.)

Background: How this was discovered: Encountered an issue with GlancePlus in which a warning message was output. Looked in HPE Support Center and found nothing about the message. Opened a support case for HP-UX using HPE Support Center. Behind the scenes the case was transferred within HPE to HPE Software Support, who replied with a direct link to a knowledge item on softwaresupport.hpe.com about the issue, from which it was learned that this knowledge existed there.

3 REPLIES 3
Joe Ledesma
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Re: Entitlement to knowledge for Operations Agent, Performance Agent, Glance, GlancePlus

Dear moderator,

Posted in HP-UX / General rather than in Systems Management / OV Performance Management Practitioners since the OV... forum is for various operating systems while this post is only likely of interest to HP-UX Technical Support customers.

If it would be helpful to have this post stay near the top of General by making it "sticky", please do so.

Not sure if there still exist Community Knowledgebase posts? Am marking own reply as accepted solution since did not intend original post as a question.

Joe Ledesma
Frequent Advisor

Re: Entitlement to knowledge for Operations Agent, Performance Agent, Glance, GlancePlus

If you used this to gain access to the PA knowledge base on the software support site, consider giving a kudo.

Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Not working...

"Solution: In softwaresupport.hpe.com, become entitled by entering your SAID for HP-UX support and this will be identified as an entitlement for a product, "performance agent," allowing access to the knowledge there."

My HPE Passport login doesn't work for softwaresupport.hpe.com.
I created a new "Software Passport" login by I cannot add my HP-UX SAID for DC-OE entitlement.

I opened a call with softwaresupport and they said that the SAID is for HP-UX (duhhhh...) and to go to several links, basically back to HPE Support Center.

I was afraid this might happen.
Bundled products that jumped ship (Glance, Perfomance Agents, etc) to MicroFocus appear to be unsupported for now.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin