1753309 Members
6614 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 989KS with HVD10 and UPS

daniel smith_3
Frequent Advisor

989KS with HVD10 and UPS

The problem I am having is that the UPS(A1356A-powertrust II LR 3.0KVA) dies with in 1 minute of pulling the power from the ups. I thought it was the batteries or possibly the head unit, but have replaced both of them and am still having the same results. Both sets of batteries and head units were tested on other systems(9000) and worked fine. Could the 989 ups configurations be killing the system and UPS this quickly? Im a newbie on MPE so please be easy on me.
thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Fred Metcalf
Trusted Contributor

I doubt if the 989 UPS configuration can be the cause, the 2.1 kW UPS is being drained by a too high load. The PowerTrust II-LR do not have unity power factor. You must multiple the VA Ã 0.7 to get true power in Watts. The 989 needs 1700 W and each HVD10 needs 870 W. That already exceeds 2.1 kW. Have you tried adding one or more A1357A Batteries to the UPS?

You can check the 989 UPS configuration using the STATUS command of the UPS Utility Program UPSUTIL.MPEXL.TELESUP. Post the STATUS command output for interes
Missing MPE :-)
Fred Metcalf
Trusted Contributor

Daniel,
Did that information help?
Fred
Missing MPE :-)
daniel smith_3
Frequent Advisor

actually the problem was with the ups itself. I guess there was a bad batch of these ups's that were sold. I called HP and as soon as I gave them my serial number they immediately made plans to send out a whole new ups. the new one is working fine and has been running for about 4 weeks.