1748195 Members
3951 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

3 par console does not connect fully

Emil Velez_2
Trusted Contributor

3 par console does not connect fully

I have had a recurring issue with the 3par management console.  It connects to the array but it shows 0 disks 0 virtual volumes and 0 CPGs.  Other people already connected to the array see its configured elements.

The interesting thing is when I connect with the CLI or putty the array sees all of it s disks, CPGs and VVs so everything is ok.

I have seen this with MC 4.3 and 4.5 and it seems the only way to solve is shutdownsys reboot.

I have searched and searched and I cannot find a way to reset the MC connections to the array. The refresh button does not seem to fix this on one array and disconnecting and reconnecting or rebooting the windows system does not seem to help. 

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Emil

Emil Velez
Instructor Storage, Servers, HP-UX and Partner Courses
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Education Services
Ask me about training on StoreServ (3PAR) StoreOnce, StoreEasy, StoreAll, StoreVirtual, HP-UX, ServiceGuard and HPE Partner Ready Certification Training

internet: Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/emilvelez

HPE Master ASE Server Solutions Architect V3
HPE Master ASE Storage Solutions Architect V2
HP UNIX Certified (ASE HPUX 11iv3 Administration V1)
Certified HPE Instructor
HPE Product Certified - OneView [2016]
HP Sales Certified -Servers, Converged Systems and Services [2015]
HPE Product Certified - Converged Solutions [2017]
2 REPLIES 2
Amar_Joshi
Honored Contributor

Re: 3 par console does not connect fully

Emil,

I have seen similar but not exact issues with IMC when network is not configured correctly. In one case PC had a duplicate IP and in another case the subnet mask was misconfigured.

I will suggest to use a crossover cable to connect to Node-0 management port directly and see if IMC can get the information or not? Bypassing the network might give you a clue whether the peoblem is in network or somewhere else.

(Hope you are not connecting from a desktop ;)  )

Just my 2 cents.

Emil Velez_2
Trusted Contributor

Re: 3 par console does not connect fully

Found out its a corner case situation with single enclosures and no additional. Fix is 3.1.3 which we got and all good
Emil Velez
Instructor Storage, Servers, HP-UX and Partner Courses
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Education Services
Ask me about training on StoreServ (3PAR) StoreOnce, StoreEasy, StoreAll, StoreVirtual, HP-UX, ServiceGuard and HPE Partner Ready Certification Training

internet: Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/emilvelez

HPE Master ASE Server Solutions Architect V3
HPE Master ASE Storage Solutions Architect V2
HP UNIX Certified (ASE HPUX 11iv3 Administration V1)
Certified HPE Instructor
HPE Product Certified - OneView [2016]
HP Sales Certified -Servers, Converged Systems and Services [2015]
HPE Product Certified - Converged Solutions [2017]