108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

3PAR 7400c node couldn't join the cluster after replaced and rescued

louisji2008
Regular Advisor

3PAR 7400c node couldn't join the cluster after replaced and rescued

Hi,

I have a 2 node 7400c, OS is 3.2.2 MU4.

All the data is moving to another storage, then we migrated it to the new DC. Unfortunately, both nodes were failed.

After replaced node 0 with original node's SSD, the cluster came back and all works well.

Today I replaced node 1. After rescued the OS, it rebooted. Everything seems good. But I failed to login:

16xxxxx-1 login: 3paradm

Password:

Login incorrect

The password must be correct because I can login to the node 0 with the same password.

The shownode command shows only node 0 entry, nothing about node 1:

dmz cli% shownode

Control    Data        Cache
Node --Name--- -State- Master InCluster -Service_LED ---LED--- Mem(MB) Mem(MB) Available(%)
   0 16xxxxx-0 OK      Yes    Yes       Off          GreenBlnk   16384    8192          100

What should I do?

How time flies~~~
6 REPLIES 6
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Re: 3PAR 7400c node couldn't join the cluster after replaced and rescued

Hello @louisji2008,

The node is still not added to the cluster. So, I think it is not accepting the password.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

louisji2008
Regular Advisor

As I know, the node replaced should join to the cluster automatically.
how to resolve this problem?

How time flies~~~
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hi @louisji2008,

I feel it is difficult to analyse and assist here on this critical issue. I am sending you the installation guide which may be useful for you to ensure your procedures are correct.

3PAR 7000 installation guide - https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=c03606625

3PAR 8000 installation guide - https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c04896610

If you still face issues, it will be good to reach out to HPE support for assistance.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of HPE.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

louisji2008
Regular Advisor

Thanks a lot!
I'll replace it with another one. Maybe it would resolve this issue, I hope so.

How time flies~~~
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @louisji2008,

Please check if this conversation chain on a similar issue I was trying to assist will help you as well - 

https://community.hpe.com/t5/HPE-3PAR-StoreServ-Storage/3Par-7200-Interface-Card-0-Failed-Interface-Card-Firmware/td-p/7141786#.YPAIxOgzaUk

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of HPE.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

veeyarvi
HPE Pro

Hello louisji2008

What I understand is, the node 0 replaced and it used the old nodes' internal hard drive. What about the node 1? Was it a new node with new internal drive? If it is from another array, you can try a node rescue (cli%startnoderescue node 1) from the other node while keeping the node 1 in slot.

Also, you can see the serial number at the login prompt (starting with 16xxxxx). Is that the correct serial number of the array?

Regards,
Veeyaarvi

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo