1748081 Members
5174 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

3PAR 8440 VSP High CPU Usage

Mcicool
Advisor

3PAR 8440 VSP High CPU Usage

Hello. I have a problem with VSP, some time after boot it starts to boost CPU speed to 100%. I am running 5.0.7

As far as i know i have to update and it will be solved. But it doesnt show me any avaiable update in the interface. Any help to fix either core issue or update issue? Its pretty annoying.

1.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Re: 3PAR 8440 VSP High CPU Usage

Hello @Mcicool,

Does the CPU utilization be at 100% for some time and resumes to normal? or does the VSP freezes because of that?

What is the CPU allocated for VSP? is that more than HPE recommended minimum threshold? (If not, please increase the CPU allocation)

If 'yes' to the later questions for both of the above, please consider downloading later VSP versions from https://myenterpriselicense.hpe.com/ and upgrade the VSP.

v5.0.8 and v5.0.9 are available now.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of HPE.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Mcicool
Advisor

As soon as it gets to 100%, it doesnt resume to normal. As far as i know its a common issue. 4 vCPUs are allocated.

I dont have EON number since ive bought 3PAR as secondhand so i cant download it from  https://myenterpriselicense.hpe.com/

sbhat09
HPE Pro

@Mcicool,

High CPU utilization is the known issue with SP v5.0.7. That is fixed in the later version.

You may check with your seller to download the latest VSP file (v5.0.8 or v5.0.9) and share it with you.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of HPE.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Mcicool
Advisor

I am not in contact with him anymore. Any chance i can get it here? ) Maybe in PM..

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @Mcicool,

I would have helped you. But now the OS and patch availability is restricted to the entitlement. You need to have an active support contract with HPE.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo