1753398 Members
7357 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 3PAR Persona SMB and NFS to the same path

jchen522
Frequent Advisor

3PAR Persona SMB and NFS to the same path

When I create a share with NTFS filestore, I create two shares pointing to the same root path.  One using SMB and the other one using NFS.  When client connects to SMB share, user can read and write.  But when connecting to NFS share, user can only read.  How do I change configuration so that both types of access can both read and write?

Currently NFS share is configured with read/write, squash all to anonymous.  How do I change owner on the share to anonymous?

3 REPLIES 3
Mahesh202
HPE Pro

HI Jchen 522

Thank you for coming on HPE Community forum

I understand that your trying to get " Cross Protocol " accessing the same data using SMB and NFS.
this requires a special setup in File Persona.

I would request you to refer to the Setup guide for cross-protocol configuration using SMB, NFS, FTP, and HTTP protocols Using  below menioned link.

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/getdocument.aspx?docname=a00069739enw

I strongly suggest you to contact the tech support and log a case, to get this done.

Hope this helps.!

Regards
Mahesh202

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

jchen522
Frequent Advisor

I would like to know what is the UID of the anonymous user in File Persona? -2?  Do I simply create an anonymous user?  I don't think I can assign it an UID of -2 if I want to grant it full access.

Mahesh202
HPE Pro

Hi jchen522 

You will have to verify the file stores are not NTFS. if they are in legacy mode, they can use anonymous
I suggest you go through below mentioned Guides

Hope this helps. !

Regards
Mahesh202

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo