3278 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 3PAR Recovery Manager for Oracle and Data Protector ZDB license

AnuarKZ
Occasional Advisor

3PAR Recovery Manager for Oracle and Data Protector ZDB license

Hello,

Do we need “Data Protector ZDB license” to integrate DP with “3PAR Recovery Manager for Oracle”?

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

No you don’t.

As I understand it, in this case, things are controlled by 3PAR recovery manager and not DP. The ZDB agents are not used. DP is just a backend engine.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

With all Remote Copy Groups stopped, you can use the checkrclink command to perform "...a connectivity, latency, and throughput test between two connected 3PAR storage systems."

"checkrclink startserver" on one system, then "checkrclink startclient" on the other. When the client completes, it will display statistics. Finally "checkrclink stopserver".
Repeat for each link.

Note: While I work for Hewlett Packard Enterprise, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company.
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! thumb below!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo