1752579 Members
4181 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 3PAR Service Processor for Hyper-V

RobertF
Advisor

3PAR Service Processor for Hyper-V

Does anybody know when there will be a VSP available to install on Hyper-V systems?

I actually do not have an ESXI Server running, and it would be fine to run it on my Hyper-V Cluster...

A BETA already exists as I heared but I cannot find details about the release plans...

Regards

Robert

15 REPLIES 15
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Your best bet is to check with your Sales Rep. They should be able to get that information from the Product Manager.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Amar_Joshi
Honored Contributor

Robert,

A beta was suppose to come out in February but it is postponed.

Totally different answer from your question but if you are rushing for deployment, you can use a Free VMware ESXi host on a physical server and host the Virtual Service Processor there.

Vicr5gtt
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I have the same problem, spoke with HP and the technician that came to install the 3PAR already has that software, but didn't gave me to put in my production environment.

I had to buy a small appliance that supports ESXi 5.1 and installed the .ovf on it.

Best Regards,

Pedro Vicente

RobertF
Advisor

We will do the install tomorrow, but we also need to use vmware until the Hyper-V VSP is available.

I will post if I get news from HP tomorrow...

Mr__T
Visitor

Did you succeed to find a VSP for Hyper-V?

RobertF
Advisor

No, still waiting for the release...

Currently running in VMWare Player until the Hyper-V VSP is released, then we will replace it.

Regards

Robert

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Currently running in VMWare Player ...

This is NOT supported!  I worked with a customer that had networking problems between the array and the VSP with phone-home and it was due to Player.

RobertF
Advisor

But this was the solution the Guy from HP told me to do for the meanwhile ;)

Mr__T
Visitor

That's what i have heard also.

What Vmversion du you recommendo for a tempory-until-hyper-V-version-available? And what is supported?