1752770 Members
4815 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 3PAR WWID

SEENIVASANP
Advisor

3PAR WWID

From the WWID 3PAR volume can we able to know it's coming from which N:S:P of the 3PAR?
6 REPLIES 6
Cali
Honored Contributor

No

Typical the Volume access the Store by multiple Path.

Example:

Vol1 by 0:0:1, 0:0:2, 1:0:1, 1:0:2

All at the Same Time (Round Robin).

Cali

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
SEENIVASANP
Advisor

but is there any way can we able to get N:S:P from OS without using 3PARINFO
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Sure. Set up an RSA-2048 key pair, register the public key (setsshkey and showsshkey) with the 3PAR system. Use ssh (or plink, part of PuTTY for WIndows). See the HPE 3PAR Command Line Interface Administrator Guide for information on accessing the 3PAR with Secure Shell (SSH).

ssh 3PAR-key showvv -showcols Name,VV_WWN | grep {WWN-of-interest}
and get the volume name.

ssh 3PAR-key showvlun {volume-name}

See the HPE 3PAR Command Line Interface Reference manual.

You may want to use the setclienv command to get the output from the show commands in a CSV format, and also turn off the header and total lines. 
Making a complete script around those commands is left as an exercise for the reader.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

apol
Frequent Advisor

Hi, you can't get it from the volume WWN/ SCSI-ID, because you probably see the same volume over more than one way, using MPIO.

But you can look at the paths/targets your host sees, their WWN contains nsp:

21:51:00:02:AC:0x:xx:xx

with 1:5:1 (digits 2 to 4) being the port (n:s:p) in that example. The x' at the end identify the array (SN).

Depending on OS and installed tools, you can see that info in HBA Bios, HBA Manufacturer Software, MPIO Settings of OS, etc.

SEENIVASANP
Advisor

would you able to help me with some sample output from RHEL? 

apol
Frequent Advisor

If you can put the output here - sure, I can have a look. But I'm not a linux guy, I have no idea how to get the output you need.