New Discussion

3PAR drive compatibility with DL380 servers

SOLVED
Go to solution
George Vardikos
Frequent Advisor

3PAR drive compatibility with DL380 servers

Hello,

I have 10x P02434-004 drives (PM1643 7.68TB SSD). I want to know if I could possibly utilize them in our DL380 Gen9/Gen10 servers (with a new drive caddy of course). Has anyone ever done that, or a special firmware exists in these drives which prohibit this?

Sincerely,
George Vardikos

Sincerely,
George Vardikos
5 REPLIES 5
sbhat09
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: 3PAR drive compatibility with DL380 servers

Hello @George Vardikos,

I don't think they are compatible with your DL380 gen9/10

You can validate in the compatibility list here - https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c04438847

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of HPE.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

George Vardikos
Frequent Advisor

Hello Srinivas,

I know they won't show in the compatibility list due to the fact that their caddy is only for 3PAR systems (different from DL caddies), I was wondering if the drive -and it's firmware- would be compatible if I changed the caddies to fit DL servers. This won't be shown in any official compatibility list, I was asking if someone has done it in the past (like some people have used 3rd party drives with DL caddies without issues).

Siincerely,
George Vardikos

Sincerely,
George Vardikos
Woz013
Occasional Visitor

Hi George,

Were you able to install the 3PAR hard drives in the DL380? If so, what did you need to do? I tried it and the DL380 'BIOS' didn't show them...

Thanks.

George Vardikos
Frequent Advisor

Hello,

I didn't even went through the trouble of trying them out, they got used on a 3PAR system

Sincerely,
George Vardikos
Woz013
Occasional Visitor

Ok - thanks for getting back to me.