HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1751730 Members
5628 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 3PAR node image

pureslash

3PAR node image

Does anyone know if there is a way to "reimage" the node SSD? .. long story.. but.. i lost both nodes in a power glitch.. HPE replaced the nodes.. and.... when repaired, they put in the wrong serial number... didn't realize for a couple of months, as I had other projects going on and this wasn't in production...

So, how do I COMPLETELY start over and input the original serial number? I hear there may be something called "bitb" - back in the box? .. or.. just the same - if i pop out the SSD in the nodes and reimage them..?

Thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4
yapkl
Trusted Contributor

Hi pureslash,

Welcome to the community!
My suggestion is call HPE support and ask them to fix it.
Best Regards,

yapkl

Note: The opinions & comments above are my personal opinions, not of Hewlett Packard Enterprise
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! thumb below! Thanks.
pureslash

Already done that... I've been sittiing here with HPE tech due for the past 5 hours... was looking for suggestions from the community...

yapkl
Trusted Contributor

Well, this is not something you want to mess about yourself with community suggestions. Work with HPE support.
Best Regards,

yapkl

Note: The opinions & comments above are my personal opinions, not of Hewlett Packard Enterprise
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! thumb below! Thanks.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

startnoderescue will copy the image from one node to another.  I don't know about the serial #.