SOLVED
Go to solution
CRD
Frequent Advisor

3Par 8200 Upgrade

Good day

3Par8200 (4 * enclosures)Screenshot.png

Os level: 3.3.2.135 (GA)+P02

Doing some planning for a 3Par upgrade and want to follow best practise on adding the new 8 * SSD disks.

I know 3Par popultion guide says populate from left to rigth but in this case I am thinking the new SSD disks should go in slots 22 and 23 in each of the 4 disk enclosures. This leaves room to further upgrade with FC disks in future to the right and more SSD disks in future to the left.

Can someone please advise if my thinking is correct on this? (screenshot attached of enclosure, all 4 enclosures looks similiar with regards to current populated disks)

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Re: 3Par 8200 Upgrade

Hello @CRD,

You can use the slots 10 and 11 for the SSDs now and reserve the slots 12 to 23 for FC drives in in future. That is very well supported.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of the company.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

support_s
System Recommended

Query: 3Par 8200 Upgrade

System recommended content:

1. HPE 3PAR Upgrade Tool U046 Release Notes | Required Patches prior to HPE 3PAR OS Upgrade

2. Notice: (Revision) HPE 3PAR 8000 Storage Systems - End-of-Life Announcement

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: 3Par 8200 Upgrade

What Srinivas Bhat wrote!

While having FC disks and SSD disks grouped together looks nice, it's purely cosmetic. The 3PAR determines CPG storage by type (FC or SSD) and not by location.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo