108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 3Par Storage Degraded

SOLVED
Go to solution
Techcreeb
Occasional Contributor

3Par Storage Degraded

Hi Guys, Thanks in advance for you advice,support, tips,Howtos and help on this Issue...We have  a clustered HPE 3Par 7200 and 8400 that shows Degraded yellow sign next to the 4 units..Pls can anyone tell me what to look for,as to why the 4 units are showing a degraded yellow sign error and what to do to resolve this error .I thought about tunning the storage but not sure if that will relsove the issue.

Thanks a lot for the support, u help is appreciated 

5 REPLIES 5
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Connect  to the SP or array directly and run a healthcheck (healthcheck -svc -detail) to get details.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello,

Adding on to Torsten, the 'Degraded' error can be for several reasons. Some are critical for the system and while others are not. I can try to assist you if you can provide the exact alert details.

If the degraded alert has hit all 4 systems together, it may be due to an issue with the switch fabric which is connecting all the system, lack of redundant connection at the fabric level, a remote copy link (used by all the system) down, firmware related or any other issue impacting all the system at once. Please let us know the exact alert on each system for further assistance.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Josh94K
HPE Pro

Hello @Techcreeb !

Good Day!

The LED generally turns amber/yellow when the unit is experiencing some kind of hardware fault. 

Please refer to the following 3PAR LED indicator guide to help isolate and troubleshoot the issue. 

HPE 3PAR StoreServ 7200 Storage - LED Indicatorshttps://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c03581443

HPE 3PAR StoreServ 8400 Storage - LED Indicators : https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c04845696

should you need any additional assistance we are glad to help.

@Techcreeb  I hope this helps!

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDO! thumb below 

Accept or Kudo

I work for HPE.
Techcreeb
Occasional Contributor
Solution

That Helps, Thanks a lot Guys for the advice, You all are appreciated...Unfortntaley it was  false alert

Josh94K
HPE Pro

Hello @Techcreeb 

Hope you are doing well!
Thank you very much for the update!
would request you to close the forum as "Solved", and if any of the posts helped you, feel free to hit the Kudo thumb below

Regards
Josh

Accept or Kudo

I work for HPE.