108758 Solutions
New Discussion

3Par latency every Sunday @ 23h30

Aissa
Frequent Advisor

3Par latency every Sunday @ 23h30

Hi,

we have since few weeks a latency issue every Sundy between 23h30 and 00h00

can find what happen, nothing found on host side so far, i'm missing something but what ??

Thank you for your help 

3par.PNG

i have this every Sunday only !!

6 REPLIES 6
Dardan
Trusted Contributor

Re: 3Par latency every Sunday @ 23h30

No backups or any highly consuming workload at that time? I would check the performance of exported vvols, if you see any 'abnormal' activity there, the chances are great it's on host side.

The shape of that graph suggests many systems (VMs?) being rebooted all at the same time.

Aissa
Frequent Advisor

Hi

i checked with the backup team, there is no backup running at that time, they told that they do only read on the array and no writes.

our 3PAR arrays are dedicated at 90% to VMware. i will ask the hyperviser team for reboot time.

but how can i see high writes iops on our reporting tool and at the same time a down pic on the ssmc, see image bellow :

pic.PNG

A2.PNG

Aissa
Frequent Advisor

i have noticed this, delack only on FC drives between 23h30 and 00h30, what that mean...

delack.PNG

Dardan
Trusted Contributor

Delayed Acks.. You should probably be able to see them if you run a Controller Node Cache - Performance Statictics report from SSMC. Isn't there any running task which might lead to high CPU & delayed ack?

cli> showtask -active

Hi,

showtask -active is for live report, we have only AO scheluded @ 02h00 AM

there is no active task Sunday from 23h00 to 00h00 expect some harmless small defragementation process 

I see some Delack on SSMC, on only 1 node i have no problem, problem occur when get delack on all nodes

Delack2.PNG