HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1748195 Members
3326 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 3PAR VV is accessible by the Blade infrastructure but does not allow to format by the OS

AmirMajzoub
Occasional Visitor

3Par virtual volume is accessible by the Blade infrastrcuture but does not allow to format by the OS

Hello Guys,

we have one 3Par StoreServe 8200 connected to C7000 Blade chasis, I have presented a vvol to one of the blades hosting windows, I can see the volume in the diskmanagement utility as healthy but when trying to format the volume, it will end up with an error saying, format was unsuccessful.

it is pretty interesting that I can present the same Volume to other baldes, and the volume will be formatted without any problem. I have done the following to get the problem resolved but all came to nothing.

1. I change the blade slot from Bay 6 to Bay 16 but did not help.

2. I also changed the network adapter (FLB 650 20G) but did not help.

3. I tried different Windows images but again did not work.

4. I also tried to install ESXi on the same blade, but Could not format the data store.

can anybody help? any idea?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: 3PAR VV is accessible by the Blade infrastructure but does not allow to format by the OS

Are you talking about a media format?

There is no need to format VLUNs.  This is handled by the array.

AmirMajzoub
Occasional Visitor

I create a virtual volume in 3par, and then present it directly to a windows server being hosted on BL460C. the OS can see the virtaul volume in its diskmanagement panel, but when trying to format it with NTFS, it says "the format was not successfully completed".