New Discussion

3par 8400 CNA cards

SOLVED
Go to solution
b_kirill99
Occasional Contributor

3par 8400 CNA cards

Hello All,

I'm looking for workaround how to get hi-speed NFS and ISCSI on 3par 8400 4-node field base.

There are two types of add-on NICS- one E7Y70А 2 port 10GB ethernet adapter,  for File persona use only, and H6Z10A-HPE 3PAR StoreServ 8000 2-port 10Gb iSCSI/FCoE Adapter.

So the question is: Can i put  E7Y70А cards in one PAIR of nodes and H6Z10A on other pair? Does anyone have expirience with similar config?

there are very few docs about it. I've found  HPE 3PAR StoreServ 8000 Storage - Option Parts

which says:"Each node in a node pair (A node pair is composed of the two controller nodes in a single 2U enclosure) must have the same number and type of adapters: FC, iSCSI/FCoE, and Ethernet adapters may not be inter mixed in a node pair."

So I need help to clarify: can i put different cards in node pairs or all 4 nodes must have the same config?

3 REPLIES 3
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: 3par 8400 CNA cards

Ah. The answer is in the HPE QuickSpecs, in this case the HPE 3PAR StoreServ 8000 Storage QuickSpecs. The HPE QuickSpecs are the first place to go for information about HPE Products.

In there, look under Adapter Configurations permitted on HPE 3PAR StoreServ 8000 4-node systems .

Best regards

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

b_kirill99
Occasional Contributor

Gotcha!

You are the best! Finally found the clear and complete answer.  Thank you a lot!

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

You're welcome. Hopefully you bookmarked the QuickSpecs page. Depending on how often you need that sort of information, note there is a utility that will store desired QuickSpecs offline on your desktop. Very handy to search and reference.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo