5157 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 3PAR 8450 - too many cli connections

DeepakAshwath
Advisor

3par 8450 - too many cli connections

Hi,

Have a 3par 8450 and when adding it to VSP via the Inserv IP, it says too many CLI connections.

However I am unable to login to Inserv ssh console to do 'showuserconn' or 'removeuserconn'. 

I used the admin credentials to add it to SSMC and it worked for the first time and went again to unable to connect after sometime. 

Has anyone faced a similar issue, is there any other credentials to login to Inserv ssh console ?

Appreciate your suggestions

3 REPLIES 3
Cali
Honored Contributor

Re: 3par 8450 - too many cli connections

I had the Issue, that a very old 3PAR vCenter Plug-In always try to connect to 3PAR and used all Connections.

You can Check in the SSMC > Security > Connections what Client is using all the Connections.

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

> I am unable to login to StoreServ ssh console to do showuserconn or removeuserconn.

If you can't do that, you'll have to talk to HPE Support to clean things up.   sysmgr is probably hung.

What TPD version?

karla87
Occasional Visitor

Hello, 

I know this is an old thread but I ran into this issue on a 7440 and per a suggestion, I unplugged our ethernet mgmt ports and it worked like a charm. I had over 160 connections and could not SSH into the array, now I only have 4. 

Thanks!