Re: 3par error from SSMC 0x0140003

SOLVED
Go to solution
owahid
Frequent Advisor

3par error from SSMC 0x0140003

Hello

I have an error appear at the SSMC for one of our storage system 3par8200

As I can see the Error ID is 0x0140003 ,I do not understand the description ,what corrrective action to do
unfortunatily the support is not existMoh storage Critical issue.jpgMoh storage Critical issue2.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @owahid,

Further details of the error related to 'A portion of the file resides on a volume which is not mounted or is not accessible by the operating system'.

Any volume in the storage looks like impacted. Please check all your important volumes and also run 3PAR system healthcheck for further investigation. This is a critical error.

I will come back, if I get more details.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of HPE.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hi @owahid,

There may be chances of disk failures beyond fault tolerance level also. However, you can confirm it by system healthcheck.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

owahid
Frequent Advisor

Many thanks for your helpful support , could you please give ullistration for the follwoing errors for the same storage :

Moh storage Critical issue CPG Can not grow.jpgMoh storage Critical issue healthcheck.jpg 

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hi @owahid,

Are you looking for the details of 'CPG could not grow with normal parameters'? or the list in cli window?

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

owahid
Frequent Advisor

both please ,

it is for the same storage with same issue specified the first post 

sbhat09
HPE Pro
Solution

Hello @owahid,

1. CPG could not grow with its normal grow parameters
The CPG cannot be grown using its configured grow parameters, so the system is allocating
new space using degraded grow parameters. For example, if availability is set to "cage" and enough
space is not available to grow using cage availability, then the system will try to grow using "mag"
availability.
Action required: Check if there are disk failures, space crunch, unplanned disk shuffling etc. If not this is not a critical alerts. You can live with it.

2. New alerts:
This is the count of total alerts in the system.
Action required: If any individual alert needs attention, please look into it. Total count may be any number. No worries.

3. Nodes with dump or core HBA files:
There are files saved in one of the nodes in this location - /var/core/proc/saved/
Action required: You can backup the files in any other directory and delete the files from the above directory. This requires root access. You can live with it as well.

4. Filesystems which are over 90% full:
This is about the 'System reporter' data collection volume utilization is over 90%.
Action required: This will mostly be always full. The system will automatically delete older data to make space for fresh data. You can ignore this.

5. Host Ports not configured for virtual port support:
2 of the host ports will not support virtual ports.
Action required: This is also commonly seen alert in healthcheck. I don't think this is something to worry about.

6. LDs with reduced availability:
This is related to the above alert "CPG could not grow with its normal grow parameters"

7. Licenses which have expired:
Ony one of your 3PAR system licenses or Unified system license is expired.
Action required: You can extend this license by contacting HPE support.

8. Failed Tasks:
Tasks failed to complete successfully
Action required: Check individual tasks. If it is important task, please try to re-run or let it re-run during next schedule. If they are already re-run, ok to have them failed or you are aware of them, then ignore this alert.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of HPE.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo