3428 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

3par expansion serial number

owahid
Frequent Advisor

3par expansion serial number

Hello

I wonder how to get the seial number for 3par 8200 expansion enclosure from the SSMC

or by Putty CMD to storage system.

Is it written in front or in the back of the expansion enclosure?

I am asking about the HP serial that will be used to renew the waranty and support contract

3 REPLIES 3
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Re: 3par expansion serial number

Hello @owahid,

In SSMC - Main menu -> Drive enclosures -> Select the enclosure -> You will find the serial number in general pane.

In CLI, run the command 'showcage -i <cage_>'
Enter the cage number like 'cage3' or whatever. You will find the cage number under 'Assem_Serial'.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of HPE.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

owahid
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for your support

Can I get the serial in this form like Confidential information  not in this form Confidential information .

I mean the serial from HP "Vendor" not from the manifacture of the enclosure.

I wounder if I send a quotation for warranty and support contract renewal would it be correct to put th serial of expansion that appear in the console or the HP serial that start with CZ****

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @owahid,

The serial number starting with CZ.. is the 3PAR system's serial number.

The other starting with EEAU is the enclosure serial number. For HPE support and warranty, compatibility, the 3PAR system serial number (CZ..) will be dominantly used. If you have a specific issue where the enclosure serial number is requested, then you can provide the encl sl number which starts with EEAU..

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of HPE.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo