4569 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

3par high Rsvd space in SSD CPG

dennischen
Advisor

3par high Rsvd space in SSD CPG

Hi,

I have a question in 3par space reclaim. After I delete 6*2TB TDVVs, and excute compactcpg, the space haven't reclaimed. There are huge Rsvd space in the follow three TDVVs, which are only 50GB per volume.

Is there any way to reclaim these space? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Re: 3par high Rsvd space in SSD CPG

You need to provide details like what is the 3PAR model, what is the Inform OS version installed along with what all patches installed, What is the deduplication version you are using ?

If I assume there were 9 TDVV and out of that you have deleted 6 TDVV but you have not deleted all TDVV so DDS volume will be still there which is actually common dedup store for the CPG. Matching pages will be stored in this volume and unique pages will be stored in the regular VV you presented to the Host, unless there is a match in which case it will be migrated to the dedup store or DDS volume. So the two combined will be the sum of the data stored on the backend.

Now you have deleted only TDVV which means only unique data pages got deleted but common reference point still there which actually gets reduced slowly with the help of Garbage Collector (GC).

Each VV reserved space specific to that TDVV only so deleting other TDVV will not help to reduce reserved space of that VV which is in use.

I would suggest to refer the below document to get more details on deduplication,

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/getdocument.aspx?docname=a00006358enw

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo

Re: 3par high Rsvd space in SSD CPG

Can you please help us to understand if the issue got resolved or not?

If issue got resolved then how?

Also request you to mark the forum as resolved if there is no more outstanding query from your end on this issue.

This will help for everyone who are all following your forum.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo