1753424 Members
5096 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 3par system reporter sampler issue

pauldexter86
Visitor

3par system reporter sampler issue

The system reporter is failing to sample our 3par systems with the following error:

2014-08-26 16:52:20: The authenticity of the storage system cannot be established.
CLI Server Certificate
Issuer: CN=HP 3PAR HP_3PAR 7400 1621910
Subject: CN=HP 3PAR HP_3PAR 7400 1621910
SHA1 fingerprint: 1DB2DFE25BE1E2B2743CE352E1A4CC3E6994C7FC
Validity: Not before: Jul 23 12:14:57 2014 GMT
Not after: Jul 22 12:14:57 2017 GMT
Warning: self signed certificate
Continue connecting (yes/no)? Please type 'yes' or 'no':
child killed: SIGABRT
2014-08-26 16:52:20: Error sending status to sampleloop: error writing "stdout": broken pipe

Everywhere I look online suggests setting up an ssh key pair but I'm not sure how to do this.  I have generated a key pair but need guidance on setting up the public key through the CLI and where to put the private key and reference it with system reporter.

Can someone explain the process to me?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

I'm guessing you recently upgraded the 7000 to now use the 2K certificates. You need to upgrade the CLI on the SR host. Probably also upgrade SR to 3.1-MU2. Everything you would need is in the latest download.

Once that is done, you may need to re-add the 7000 to SR, at which time it will set up the credentials as needed.

Note: While I work for HP, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company.
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! "White Star" !

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Everywhere I look online suggests setting up an ssh key pair but I'm not sure how to do this. ...

This should be automatically generated by the array (on Jul 23) and passed to the CLI for acceptance.

pauldexter86
Visitor

Thanks for the info.

Our 3Par is a 7400 that was newly installed.  I will try upgrading system reporter to MU2.  I have seen the keys that the CLI downloaded when it was installed and I connected to it so will provide an update following the upgrade

pauldexter86
Visitor

Do you know where I can donwload the MU02 e-media kit?