5007 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion

3par8200-Default accounts password resets

owahid
Frequent Advisor

3par8200-Default accounts password resets

Hello

I have four 3par 8200 storage systems, I have one SSMC 3.6 , I have the following users with its roles already created by default , for security reasons I need to ensure all users have different password from the default,

Default users and thier roles:

User name       user Role

3parcim            browse

3paredit            edit

3parservice      service

3parsvc            super

fsvcvm_user    service

My questions:

What is the default passwords for this users ?

what is the problems and consequence of changing the password for this users?

Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Re: 3par8200-Default accounts password resets

Hi Owahid,

To answer your queries:

1. We don't have a list of default passwords for the user ids you mentioned. There are no default passwords for most of them.

2. Password modification consequences differ for each user id. Please find the details for individual user ids:

3parcim - Password may be modified
3paredit - This user ID uses a randomly-generated password that is known only to the SP code. The password must not be modified.
3parservice - This user ID uses a randomly-generated password that is known only to the SP code. The password must not be modified.
3parsvc - System uses this user id. Password changes automatically every time the software updates. Password must not be modified.
fsvcvm_user - I couldn't find this among the default users. This may be a created user. The password may be modified for a created user.

Regards,

Srinivas Bhat

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

owahid
Frequent Advisor

Many thanks for oyur support.

But I have a question ,when I try to delete the strange user "fsvcvm_user" i get the user can not be deleted because is currently loged in?!!!! because I am using different user to log in

So strange !!!!

What I should do??

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

That is part of HPE 3PAR File Persona.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo