5787 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 3paradm login and password

julmisgo
Occasional Advisor

3paradm login and password

hI everybody, 

today i've configured a 3par 8200+ 1 disk enclosure in CLI, during all the installation, i've never been requested to set or change 3paradm user login and password, but just choose between : 

At this point it must be specified whether this system should be configured to use
Time-based One-Time Passwords (totp) or Ciphertext (cipher) for the root and console users.

totp or cipher? and i chose cipher, 

at the end of the CLI configuration, i'm not able to add my 3par storeserv to the SP, and also cannot login to 3par Management Console. 

have somebody faced this?

8 REPLIES 8
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

The Root and Console user IDs are for systems hardware maintenance. You would be using the super-role user "confidential info erased" for (initial) operations of the system. The default password is "confidential info erased" which you should change at your convenience. You can also make your own super-role username.

Connect to the system's management IP address using the 3PAR StoreServ Management Console (browser-based GUI) or via command line using "ssh" (if connecting from Windows, typically PuTTY).

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

julmisgo
Occasional Advisor

woooow!!! completely forgoet :-( 

thank you a lot!!

for now i can connect to system only using ssh. 

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

If you can connect to the system via command line with ssh, then you should be able to install and use the HPE 3PAR StoreServ Management Console (SSMC) as well.

For SSMC, you need a 64-bit server prepared, running one of the following:

• Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016 (all editions)
  • Windows 7, 8.1, 10 (all editions except Windows RT)
  • Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5, 6.6, 6.7, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2,7.3

The server can be either physical or virtual. Two CPUs are the minimum. The server will need TCP/IP connectivity to the HPE 3PAR StoreServ controller nodes using TCP ports 5782 and 5783. For storage administrators to access SSMC from a LAN-attached system via browser, the default is TCP port 8443.

The latest version of SSMC (3.2 at the time of this writing) is available at https://h20392.www2.hpe.com/portal/swdepot/try.do?productNumber=SSMC_CONSOLE тАУ You will need a free HP Passport to sign in.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Yuset

Thanks a lot! Can I see the user?

Server-Support
Super Advisor

Hi @Sheldon Smith thank you for the sharing,

However, the "confidential info erased", therefore, not sure what was censored.

is that still relevant after SSMC upgrade to v3.3.1?

Best regards,
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

After upgrade? Definitely not. The login credentials continue to be whatever has already been set.

Accept or Kudo

fir3
Occasional Visitor

Thanks a lot! Can I see the user?

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Yes.

SSMC >> Main menu >> Security >> Users

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of HPE.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo