Adding disks to 3par7200

SOLVED
Go to solution
CRD
Frequent Advisor

Adding disks to 3par7200

Good day

Need some advice please

Client renamed 3par cpg's to a different name.

FC_r5_600GB

FC_r5_1.8TB

They want to add the following disk to the array (minimum required firmware for these disks are already in place)

10 x 1.8TB FC 10K disks

8 x 600GB FC 10K disks

Will the above renaming of the CPG's cause a problem? 

We dont get it as a norm where clients rename their cpg, they usually just leave the defaults.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Solution

Re: Adding disks to 3par7200

@CRD 

No it will not cause any issue. Drives will get added and you should see space availability as per CPG parameter defined with respective CPGs.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
Josh94K
HPE Pro

Hello  @CRD Hope you are doing well, 

Sharing a few Do's and don'ts with respect to the renaming of CPG. 

A tunesys command can generate a large number of tune commands during the analysis phase.

If a CPG is subsequently renamed before the generated tunes are executed, the tunes might fail.
The names of CPGs must not be swapped around while tunesys is running as this might result in VVs being moved between CPGs unexpectedly.

However in your case, adding drives should not cause any issue, 

@CRD  I hope this helps! 
If you feel this was helpful, Please HIT that KUDOS!  thumb below!

Note: "While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company."

Accept or Kudo

I work for HPE.
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Don't forget to check the licensing of the 7200 (showlicense)!
InForm and at least some of the licenses were based on the number of physical drivesAdding physical disks required increasing the various licenses up to 48.

The 7200 has a license cap of 48 disks. Once licensed for 48, there was no license limit on the number of additional drives.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo