1748181 Members
4058 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Cabling for 3par (7200)

Ian_Cooper
Occasional Contributor

Cabling for 3par (7200)

I'm having problems trying to find the cabling diagram for the 3par 7200. Do we need all 6 FC connections from 1 node to go to switch 1? And all 6 connections on the 2nd node need connecting to switch 2?

Also what's the maximum remote copy links I can use?

2 REPLIES 2
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Re: Cabling for 3par (7200)

Hi,

You do not need to use all 6 connections... Most of the time 2 ports are used for redundancy/high availability.

Remote Copy is always through 1 FC port per controller. So you will need at least 3 ports for a good, valid solution...

If you need/want more bandwidth, you can connect more host ports...

Here is a link where you can find all user and other implementation guides on 3PAR:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&contentType=SupportManual&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=5044394

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: Cabling for 3par (7200)

The (current) Best Practice is for the odd-numbered FC ports to go to one fiber switch, the even-numbered FC ports to the other.

A host would be connected to at most two ports on each fabric side.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo