HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1752760 Members
4787 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Can I install a 3par 7400 4-nodes as 2 3par 2-nodes ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Darkmastermu
Occasional Contributor

Can I install a 3par 7400 4-nodes as 2 3par 2-nodes ?

Hi

We have a 3par 7400 4-nodes without install, but we have a par of nodes in a rack and the others 2 nodes in another rack in another location. Both are comunicating using LAN.

My question: is possible to install and configure 1 of the pair and after configure the other pair using the same VSP?. If not, exist some alternative?

Thanks in advance for your help about this.

Miguel Ustariz
Laser Computación y Perifericos C.A.
3 REPLIES 3
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

@Darkmastermu wrote:

My question: is possible to install and configure 1 of the pair and after configure the other pair using the same VSP?. If not, exist some alternative?

Not sure I understand all of your question, but each 3PAR StoreServ requires its own vSP.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Darkmastermu
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your answer

In this case, we have one 7400 4-nodes, but we installed 2 nodes in a rack and the others 2 in another. The only communication is via LAN (means 2 IP address, no one). It is one storage, that means one serial (no 2)

Can we use one VSP to configure 2 of the node and the other 2 after?

Miguel Ustariz
Laser Computación y Perifericos C.A.
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro
Solution

Can I install a 3par 7400 4-nodes as 2 3par 2-nodes ?
@Darkmastermu wrote:

Thanks for your answer

In this case, we have one 7400 4-nodes, but we installed 2 nodes in a rack and the others 2 in another. The only communication is via LAN (means 2 IP address, no one). It is one storage, that means one serial (no 2)

Can we use one VSP to configure 2 of the node and the other 2 after?

"Can I install a 3par 7400 4-nodes as 2 3par 2-nodes ?" There are all sorts of things you can do. Many will void any warranty (which from the sound of it has probably already happened). You could use it to heat pizza, but I would personally not recommend it. :)

You got "one 4-node 7400", which would be licensed as a single system. It needs to be installed in a single 4U space in one rack. It's not licensed for anything else.

You should contact your sales person/people about replacing it with either two 7200 or two 7400 two-node systems, each with the appropriate licensing.

And two systems still need two virtual SPs to install and monitor each system.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo