HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1752600 Members
4816 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Can I install additional FC HBA on 3PAR 8200 with Customer Self Install(CSI)?

SOLVED
Go to solution
canon-fujita

Can I install additional FC HBA on 3PAR 8200 with Customer Self Install(CSI)?

Hello.
I purchased an additional FC HBA for my existing 3PAR 8200 last month. The product code is H6Z00A.

I cannot  find the Installation Guide for this FCHBA,

Can I add it myself?  Or is it mandatory to purchase the Startup Service?

in the configuration guide, it says "Customer Self Install (CSI) is not allowed when additional FC HBAs are included in a new 3PAR installation.

3 REPLIES 3
giladzzz
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Can I install additional FC HBA on 3PAR 8200 with Customer Self Install(CSI)?

Hi

you are right there is no CSI guide for this.

basically you have to shutdown one controller install the card

and do the same on the other controller your only problem could be firmware versions

but if you 3PAR is uptodate it should be OK

Regards

canon-fujita

Hi

Thank yor for reply.

However I had postponed my installation this weekend because I was worried that HPE support would refuse to support me if I had a problem.
I planned to shutdown all storages and hosts for this installation, but next time we will re-plan to shut down each controller one by one and install the HBAs.
And of course, I will install it with CSI.

kind regards

veeyarvi
HPE Pro

Hello Canon-fujita,

If the card is purchased from HPE, please reach HPE for support in case of any issues with installation.  

Regards,

Veeyarvi
I work for HPE

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo