1748140 Members
3445 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DDS consumed a lot of capacity

shang1983
Advisor

DDS consumed a lot of capacity

I have a 3PAR 8400 with 16 SSD 3.84TB drives. In the SSMC shows the capacity in critical stage. When checked the DDS comsumed over 33TiB. I checked the dedup ratio is 1.2:1. How can I release the DDS space? 

6 REPLIES 6
Josh94K
HPE Pro

Hello @shang1983 

GC(Garbage collection) takes care of releasing space.
it's a background system process and usually takes time to complete. 

If space is not getting released then you need to check if GC is working or not, in order to do that one needs to log in to root and run few commands, however, this activity is best performed with the help of HPE support. 

You can also try to delete some data, 
The file's deleted will be queued for reclaim, GC should take care of the same as per the scheduled interval.

check out the following link for more info

@shang1983 Hope this helps.
If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

Accept or Kudo

I work for HPE.
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello Shang,

What is the collective used space of all the volumes? Do you see a large difference between the collective utilized space of the volumes and the utilization level showing in the alert? GC should free-up of it's own after the scheduled interval. If the issue continues to persist, please run 'compactcpg' individually for each CPG that contains the TDVVs in question. (please make sure there is no other data movement task like AO etc. are running at the same time.)

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

shang1983
Advisor

I only used 1 CPG. I've run the compactcpg few times. It only released 800GB of space. There's no AO as the storage only consist of SSD drives.  

sbhat09
HPE Pro

You may wait for the scheduled interval to complete and check the status again. Further interrogation of the issue required detailed log analysis. So, if the issue persists even after that, you may reach out to the support.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello Shang,

Were you able to get the issue resolved?

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

shang1983
Advisor

I'm getting HPE Support to look into this issue. Will update if able to resolve it.