1752648 Members
5687 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

De-Activating replication licenses in 3par

Michael Mtweve
Occasional Advisor

De-Activating replication licenses in 3par

I was activating the replication licence in 3par of which was generated wrongly. This license was generated for 96 disk instead f 48disks.

Now I have manged to get the license of 48disks how can i remove the first lisence of 96 disks  and actiavte the one with 48 disks?

Trying to apply the one with fewer disks gives the message New license key is identical to the old one - Current license unchanged.

The other licesnes are required to be applied to the second 3par for replication configuration.

please can any one help me on this.

regards;

mike

4 REPLIES 4
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: De-Activating replication licenses in 3PAR

>how can I remove the first licence of 96 disks and activate the one with 48 disks?

>gives the message New license key is identical to the old one - Current license unchanged.

Looks like you can't due to a bug, so why do you care?

What HP 3PAR OS version do you have?

There is an issue with "unlimited" for a specific PD count and not checking for an exact match.

If you are worried about lawyers, contact Support and make sure there is a bug filed on this, if not already there.

>The other licenses are required to be applied to the second 3PAR for replication configuration.

A license is locked to the array serial number.

Michael Mtweve
Occasional Advisor

Re: De-Activating replication licenses in 3PAR

Thank  you for reply;

It is true the licences are locked to the serial Number. However i was thinking in that way as when I try to apply the new lisence to the second storage it gives error message "This license key is for fewer disks than are presently in the system".

This led me to think may be beacuse the first storageis having license for 96 disk and this is being applied in for 48 disks.

so may be to sort it out  I thought  to remove the 96 licesnes to the first storage and apply of the 48 disks for all 3pars.

regards;

Mike

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: De-Activating replication licenses in 3par

While I don't have the web page open, there are options at the licensing site to move licenses from system to system. If you still need help, see the Contact page for the licensing team. They respond quickly.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Michael Mtweve
Occasional Advisor

Re: De-Activating replication licenses in 3par

Hello Smith;

Thank you for advise.

I will be logging an email to the licesnes team for support.