New Discussion юеВ

Re: Determen remaining space

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bastiaan v H
Occasional Advisor

Determen remaining space

Hello,

We have a setup where there are two types of FC disks, 1.2TB/10K and 300GB/15K. Both disks type's have their own CPG. The GUI is a challange to interpetate how much space there's left to be allocated to an certain type of disk/CPG.

The Free amount in Systems is for all FC disks, but how can we determen the Free allocateable space of the 10k or 15k disks? Using the 3PAR Magement Console.

Kind Regards,

Bastiaan

3 REPLIES 3
Mark Smithers
Regular Advisor
Solution

Using IMC?

Select Systems / <Array Name> / Physical Disks / Tier type.  On my screen, on the right hand pane, I see a summary and then I can look at the physical drives and see capacity used per disk, chunklet usage etc.

Hope this helps you.

Bastiaan v H
Occasional Advisor

Ah yes, so you can consult the disks from the CPG. Thank you for this.

The free space per disk is fully allocatable?

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

It's considered a reservationless architecture. You have to consult the CPG to determine available RAID space for a given device type. 

You can allocate all if you are not using Thin Provisioning, Virtual Copies, Remote Copy, etc. Those all require capacity in which to grow. Assuming you have the "Thin" licenses (Thin Conversion, Thin Copy Reclamation, Thin Deduplication, Thin Persistence, Thin Provisioning), you would normally be better served using thin provisioned virtual volumes. Then plan to add capacity when your usage exceeds some percentage. Percentage to be determined based on rate of consumption, and purchase cycle speed.

Note: While I work for Hewlett Packard Enterprise, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company.
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! thumb below!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo