HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1753911 Members
8271 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Disk relocation by servicemag (3PAR 8000)

SOLVED
Go to solution
Kyrykbayev
Occasional Contributor

Disk relocation by servicemag (3PAR 8000)

Hello,
i need to move 3 of the drives from slots 19, 15,11 to Slots 20,21,22 using a servicemag approach. How to do this?
Transfer offline 6 disks, physically rearrange, and then make a resume in the servicemag? Does it work like this?
I have a pdf with the commands of the servicemag, but what kind of commands do I need to enter for relocation?

Thanks for the help!

2 REPLIES 2
giladzzz
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Disk relocation by servicemag (3PAR 8000)

hi

try this

MovePD
Step            Command                                                                                             Purpose
1)      setpd ldalloc off <DiskID>                                                             To stop data to drive - Repeat for all PDs
2 )    showpd -s                                                                                        Make sure disks are in Degraded state
3 )    servicemag start -log -nodisks <CageID> <Magazine>                 Take drives Offline
4)    servicemag status -d                                                                       Wait untill servicemag returns "Succeeded"
5 )   Move PD from old C:M:D to new C:M:D                                           Move the PD from old position to new position
6)    servicemag resume <NewCageID> <NewMagazine>                      Resume service on PDs
7)    servicemag status -d                                                                       Wait untill servicemag clears
8 )  servicemag clearstatus <OldCageID> <OldMagazin>                    Clear the Status of the servicemag operation
9)   servicemag unmark <OldCageID> <OldMagazin>                     Unmark the Posision of the old PD after the servicemag operation.

10)   Redo Steps 3-9 for all PDs
11 )   setpd ldalloc on <DiskID>                                          Resume data to drive (after all PDs are online) - Repeat for all PDs
12)   tunesys -chunkpct 1                                                 Tune System

I hope this helps

Regards

GIVE a KUDO if you liked

Kyrykbayev
Occasional Contributor

Re: Disk relocation by servicemag (3PAR 8000)

Thank you very much!