4550 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Dory with Kubernetes 1.8

marcdavis
Occasional Collector

Dory with Kubernetes 1.8

Hi,

I am trying to get Dory working with Kubernetes 1.8 and it seems to always get errors from the flexvolume about command not found. Secifically a get volume name command. Does anyone have dory working with any of the recent versions of Kubernetes all the blog posts and looking at comments in code look to be with around version 1.5.

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
marcdavis
Occasional Collector

To add the errors I get in the Dory logs when I create the pod is the following when I run through the Dory provisioning examples.

Info : 2018/10/02 13:06:48 dory.go:52: [8844] entry  : Driver=hpe Version=1.0.0-4adcc622 Socket=/run/docker/plugins/hpe.sock Overridden=true
Info : 2018/10/02 13:06:48 dory.go:55: [8844] request: getvolumename [{"kubernetes.io/fsType":"","kubernetes.io/pvOrVolumeName":"3par","kubernetes.io/readwrite":"rw","name":"mydoryvol100","size":"20"}]
Error: 2018/10/02 13:06:48 handler.go:43: Unsupported command (getvolumename) was called with [{"kubernetes.io/fsType":"","kubernetes.io/pvOrVolumeName":"3par","kubernetes.io/readwrite":"rw","name":"mydoryvol100","size":"20"}]
Info : 2018/10/02 13:06:48 dory.go:58: [8844] reply  : getvolumename [{"kubernetes.io/fsType":"","kubernetes.io/pvOrVolumeName":"3par","kubernetes.io/readwrite":"rw","name":"mydoryvol100","size":"20"}]: {"status":"Not supported","message":"Not supported."}

I surfed through the code and getvolumename is a valid request but is not implemented by Dory so I am wondering what I am doing wrong or has something changed in Kubernetes such that the Dory code is going to need to be updated for later versions as my Kubernetes version is 1.8.3 currently.

Thanks,

veeyarvi
HPE Pro

Hello marcdavis,

It appears, you need to engage HPE Support for issues on Dory for HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage,  in GitHub.

https://github.com/hpe-storage/dory/issues

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-a00044942en_us have more detials

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
marcdavis
Occasional Collector

Thanks for the links. I upgraded the the latest branches vs the released 1.0 branch and made it past the above issues but now I have hit the dory mount issue (#36) in the list. Guess I will have to wait on that resolution.

Thanks again.

veeyarvi
HPE Pro

Hello marcdavis,

Good to know that after upgrade the initial issues resolved. And yes, the #36 is still open. 

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo