HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1752291 Members
5094 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Error: Max allowable tpdtcl processes of 96 exceeded. no process created for connection xxx.xxx.

Mikko1
Occasional Contributor

Error: Max allowable tpdtcl processes of 96 exceeded. no process created for connection xxx.xxx.x.x

Message code: 0x150002

Has anyone resolved this error?

Also, when I view the connections, there are 3-5 connections per every IMC connection. For example , if user Dave opens management console, there can appear 4 new connections for Dave. Is this normal behavior? I have several users connecting to management console so this maxes out my allowed number of connections rather quickly. 

Any assistance is appreciated, Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Error: Max allowable tpdtcl processes of 96 exceeded. no process created for connection xxx.xxx.

>Is this normal behavior?  I have several users connecting to management console so this maxes out my number of connections

Yes for IMC and SSMC.   You have 20 IMC users attached to the array?  What does showuserconn show?

You are over managing the array.  You shouldn't be having that many sessions.

Also, this error could occur due to sysmgr hangs, which cause tpdtcl hangs.  Are your CLI/IMC/SSMC sessions hanging?

harikumarnadipa
Occasional Visitor

Hi, for resolving this issue.

login to Service processor through putty

login through root (only password available with HP support)

Kill all stale sessions.

-Hari

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Kill all stale sessions.

If you can get a session, you can use removeuserconn.