1748054 Members
4756 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP 3PAR 7200

cnrcdz
Frequent Visitor

HP 3PAR 7200

- How / with what tool / command or can we allocate disk space on the bay HP 3PAR 7200 by choosing the location of each chunklet the desired disc, ie of the 20 discs available we would divide the volume of the filler and to create BD.
1 REPLY 1
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: HP 3PAR 7200

The Common Provisioning Group (CPG), specifies the type of disk and the RAID. Optionally, it can specify other things (including but not limited to):

• The size of the RAID set -- For example, for RAID5, the RAID sets can be from 2p:1d to 8:1.
  • Chunklet location area -- either first (lowest numbered available chunklets) or last (highest numbered available chunklets). If no argument is specified, the default characteristic is first.

Once the CPG is defined, create the desired virtual volume. The array will automatically spread the required storage allocation across the physical disks as specified by the CPG.

Note: While I work for HP, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company.
----------
If my post was useful, click on my KUDOS! "White Star" !

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo