5335 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

HP 3PAR storeserv 7200

amelloul
Occasional Contributor

HP 3PAR storeserv 7200

Hello everyone,

I want to implement a Storage area network solution based on iscsi and FC, so I have an HP 3PAR StoreServ 7200 2-node Storage Base and 24 rackable servers with ethernet ports only (gigabit ethernet), so in the server side I want to use iscsi initiators (using windows server system) and in storage array side I use FC.

The problem is that i don't know if a such solution can be implemented, I have read some articles about iscsi gateway and i want know if HP 3PAR StoreServ 7200 can be integrated with it.

thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: HPE 3PAR StoreServ 7200 iSCSI hosts

A StoreServ will handle FC or ISCSI hosts.  Not sure how you're going to convert iSCSI to FC, unless you have some magic box?

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: HPE 3PAR StoreServ 7200 iSCSI hosts

A StoreServ 7200 comes with four FC ports. It also has two PCIe slots - one slot per node. https://www.hpe.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c04164476
If all (or even most) servers are iSCSI, then it would make more sense to put in a pair of HP 3PAR StoreServ 7000 2-port 10Gb/sec iSCSI/FCoE Adapters (#QR487A), a 10Gb iSCSI switch (or two for redundancy) and avoid any iSCSI/FC converter.
Are there any servers that would be using FC, if so, what and how many?

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo