New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPE 3PAR decom questions.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Balazsvadasz
Visitor

HP 3par decom questions.

Good Day!

I'm currently in the process of decomissioning our HP 3par 7400 storage cluster. I couldnt fing the user and password for the management port so I simpoly decided to delete all the remote copy groups between the A and B machine. After that I deleted all the Virtual Volumes and I've removed the CPG. I figured that if I disassemble the raid pool it's as good as any factory reeset. however after this I noticed that the disks ( 13 1787 GIB SSD ) has a 15% allocation each. I figured that this is the system spare but just to be sure I thought I ask. The other thing is the .srdata and the admin volume. Do these hold any user data that should be deleted? Can these even be deleted?

And one more thing. After these on the A node at the system tab the correct allocations show up on the pie chart. However on the B node the chart still shows the volume allocations even though no volumes are present n the system anymore.
Is that a bug or is that something I should solve before giving back the storage? THe main thing I want to achive is that I want no data or option to recover the data present on the system when I give it back.

Thank You! 

ps.: If anyone can tell me the default user to the management serial port and the whole process on how to roll back the nodes to ootb I would be grateful as well. :)

5 REPLIES 5
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

The console should have a menu option to deinstall.

Balazsvadasz
Visitor

That was my initial course but we don't have the proper user to access that layer ( 3paradm only brought up the CLI ) and the default user I found on the net didn't work. I guess it got changed. Thats why I had to delete everything manually.

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro
Solution

As virtual volumes are deleted, their chunklets will be put in an uninitialized state where they will be zeroed as they are re-initialized. Use the "showpd -c" command to see the re-initialization progress, as well as how many spare chunklets are on each physical disk.
.srdata holds System Reporter statistics only. admin holds things like the event log. Neither can be deleted.
As far as user-names and passwords, this forum is not the place; please contact HPE 3PAR Support.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

contact HPE support for the back-into-box procedure.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Balazsvadasz
Visitor

Thank You All.

I think the command Sheldon gave me confirmed it that on the disk level nothing is being used except for the spare space. I don't think I'll bother with the ootb process now since this state is good enough for HP to accept the product back. And besides support has ran out a few weeks ago anyway. 

Thanks for the help!