3502 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Storeserve Host explorer software

A.W.R
Frequent Advisor

HP Storeserve Host explorer software

HI,

With the HP Storeserver 7200 we get the Host Explorer software, the HP 3PAR Host Explorer agent is on the HP 3PAR Host Explorer <Version> Software CD.

This DVD contains directories for:-

\RHLinux

\SparcSolaris

\Windows

The Host Explorer communicates with the storage system over an FC or iSCSI connection and enables the host to send detailed host configuration information to the storage system. The information gathered from the Host Explorer is visible for uncreated hosts and assists with host creation and diagnosing host connectivity issues.

We have HP-UX, and VMware servers. Is there host explorer software available for them? Or is it not possible for HP-UX systems and VMware systems to pass information to the Storeserve 7200 to allow it to “discover” the hosts?

Thanks

Andrew

P.S. This thread has been moved from From Storage > General to Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Enterprise). - Hp Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>We have HP-UX, and VMware servers. Is there host explorer software available for them?

For HP-UX this URL by Dave to 3PARinfo may be helpful:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/General/3PAR-How-to-ge-LUN-info-size-etc-in-HPUX-11-31/m-p/6192443#U6192493

giladzzz
Honored Contributor

Hi

for VMWare install plugin VAAI 2.4  on vcenter server and read configuration instruction to get host explorer working

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c03606439/c03606439.pdf

Regards

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

The VAAI plugin has nothing to do with VMware Host Explorer. You would need the HP 3PAR Recovery Manager Software for VMware vSphere plugin.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo