108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPE 3PAR Storeserv 8200

SOLVED
Go to solution
DoHuuBa
Contributor

HPE 3PAR Storeserv 8200

A customer acquires an HPE 3PAR Storeserv 8200 Solution for a data center environment with the following configuration: 2 Controllers Nodes Physical Service Processor 2-tier configuration using 16 SSD and 12 NL HDD 2 SN3000 San Switch each with 24 FC ports After installation and configuration, the storage is put in production. When tiering with the Adaptive Optimization SW is being performed, the customer encountered performance differential issue. What could be the cause of this issue?

1. Disk enclosure are insufficient.
  2. File Controllers is missing.
  3. All-inclusive Multi-system software is missing.
  4. Solid State Drives and Nearline Drives are mixed.
2 REPLIES 2
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @DoHuuBa,

AO generally will not impact the performance. It will increase the performance of lower tier volumes considerably. In this case, reason for performance issue could be something else. Can you please provide below details to undertsand the issue better:

Can you please provide more details about the performance issue you are facing after started using AO?
When the customer has started using AO?
What was the performance measure before AO and after AO?
What is customer's exact observation about the performance after AO?
Are there any particular volumes or a CPG facing performance issue? - If yes, please provide the volume/CPG name?

Also please provide the below command outputs:
showaocfg
showcpg
showcpg -s
showcpg -sdg
showpd

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of HPE

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

veeyarvi
HPE Pro
Solution

Hello DoHuuba,

This obviously looks to be a certification question

The answer is D - This is not a recommended AO configuration (using SSD as Tier 0 and NL as Tier 1) since the performance differential is too high.

You can either use SSD for T0 and FC for T1 or FC for T0 and NL for T1 in a two tier configuration.

Regards,

Veeyaarvi

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo