108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Help with 3PAR E200 Initialization

SOLVED
Go to solution
justen layne
Occasional Contributor

Help with 3PAR E200 Initialization

I have a used HP 3PAR E200. I performed a "setsysmgr wipe" on the system. It comes up and sees all the drives and cages, but when i try to make changes it gives me an error about the admin volme not being available. For instance "The admin volme needs to be available to change the network configuration". I also get "Error: the PR must be running on the admin volume to update SystemName".  When i run showld i see admin.0 and admin.1 . What do i need to do to get this up and running? Running Inform 2.3.1

Thanks.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Enterprise) to HP 3PAR StoreServ Storage

. -HP Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

You need be able to login to the array to use ootb.

Or use the SP to do that.

justen layne
Occasional Contributor

I can login using user:3paradm, password:3pardata .  How do i use ootb? I do not see that as a command. Was that available on Inform 2.3.1?

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro
Solution

OOTB refers to the Out Of The Box process where the HP 3PAR array is initialized. It is not a CLI command. It and MOB are processes that is normally performed by HP service as part of the initial configuration. (MOB: Moment Of Birth process where the Service Processor is initialized.)

You should try opening a case with HP Support: 1-800-633-3600. The system uses a voice-response menu. Use the menu shortcut “Storage” then “3PAR”.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo