1751798 Members
5136 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to get my HPE 3PAR Raid Configuration info from Management consol

SilverSpring
Occasional Visitor

How to get my HPE 3PAR Raid Configuration info from Management consol

I am working on HPE 3PAR Storage system. Now I need to know my RAID configuration information. I can't find it into the management consol. can anybody help me to figure out? how can I identify my raid configuration info of HPE 3par storage?

iMessage for PC

2 REPLIES 2
Dardan
Trusted Contributor

Re: How to get my HPE 3PAR Raid Configuration info from Management consol

Very easy! From the Main Menu, click on Show All (top right corner) to expand the whole menu, under Block Persona, click on Common Provisioning Groups (CPG) and there you'll see the RAID of each array connected to SSMC.

Re: How to get my HPE 3PAR Raid Configuration info from Management consol

Unlike many RAID arrays, HPE 3PAR physical disks (PD) do not have RAID!

PDs are broken into many many equal-sized pieces called "chunkets". For recent multiple generations of 3PAR, chunklets are all 1GiB.
Each Common Provisioning Group (CPG) specifies a type of disk, a particular RAID, and the data to parity ratio (Set Size). A 3PAR system can have multiple CPGs. When a Virtual Volume (VV) is created, one of its characteristics is which CPG will be used to form it. If snapshots are used, another characteristic is which CPG will be used when creating snapshots. The two CPGs do not have to be the same.

You need to know what the array's CPGs are, then you need to see what CPG each volume uses.

The HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage Concepts Guide (available at www.hpe.com/info/storage/docs) is worth your time to read.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo