108799 Solutions
New Discussion

How to move raw space between CPGs

stonenine
Visitor

How to move raw space between CPGs

Hi all

In 3Par which has follwing space allocation 

-------------------------(MB)-------------------------                     

CPG ---EstFree---- -------Usr-------                           ---Snp---- ---Adm---- -Capacity Efficiency-

Name RawFree LDFree    Total                          Used Total Used Total Used   Compaction    Dedup

FC_r1  909312    454656  2048000  2048000     0    0     0    0          1.0        -

FC_r1  917504    688128  87027712 86958080     0    0     0    0          1.0        -

Is there any way to move FC_r1 raw space to FC_r5 ?

I need to create 1TB r5 VV but I can't, I already ran compactcpg but It won't help.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How to move raw space between CPGs

As per the output it looks like there is some typo because both CPG name same.

I don't think you should face any challange at the time of creating tpvv of 1TB but if you try to create full provisioned VV then you don't have that much logical space available.

Please note what you see under "LDFree" column that much space only available for use. It looks like RAID1 CPG shows 454GB and RAID5 CPG shows 688GB LD allocatable space available in the system.

One more thing to add you don't have 454GB + 688GB available in the system rather you have either 454GB or 688GB available. Which means if any VV part of RAID1 VV used some space then overall logical or LD allocatable or raw space will get reduce as well. For example, lets say with current condition 4GB used by VVs part of RAID1 CPG then you will see 450GB for RAID1 CPG and 684GB for RAID5 CPG

In order to check total FC raw space you can use below command,

showpd -c -p -devtype FC

You can share below output which will show CPG parameters defined,

showcpg -sdg

So if you want to increase free space for the entire system which is raw space or logical space then you can either add more drives or you need to check if any space reclaim opportunity available like deleting snapshots, tuning VVs from one CPG to another CPG, deleting not required data from hosts etc

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo

Re: How to move raw space between CPGs

@stonenine 

Can you please help us to understand if the issue got resolved or not?

If issue got resolved then how? This will help for everyone who are all following your forum.

Also request you to mark the forum as resolved if there is no more outstanding query from your end on this issue.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

I am an HPE employee

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo