1752502 Members
4910 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: I have a problem when I use two types of drive SSD for HP3PAR108000

DONGAN
Occasional Visitor

I have a problem when I use two types of drive SSD for HP3PAR108000

I use HP3PAR10800 and I have two types of drive SSD (32 hard disk 100GB and 32 hard disk 500GB) . I created a CPG which include 64 my SSD.  I configure tier automatic FC & SSD.

And I have problem:

SSD 100GB always allocated 98%. I don't understand what it 's mechanism. and Should I filter 32 SSD disk 500GB when I create CPG?

Help me??????????????

4 REPLIES 4
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

This is a common issue when a system has a device type with multiple drive sizes.
A Common Provisioning Group (CPG) will attempt to keep the chunklet allocation even across all of its drives. If there are drives of difference sizes, the smaller drives will fill up first. Once the smaller drives are full, any subsequent logical disk allocations will occur across the remaining disks with free space.
You may want to add a second CPG. Keep the current one with all 64 drives (for very high performance) and a second with just the 500GB SSDs (for high performance). Use the "-tc_gt" as part of the CPG's pattern. You would then use Dynamic Optimization to move volumes from the very high performance CPG to the high performance CPG.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

DONGAN
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for your reply.

Now Need I change CPG in the bigger capacity SSD to reduce allocate the smaller SSD?

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

You can leave the existing SSD CPG alone. Let any volumes needing the highest IO rates use all 64 drives.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

DONGAN
Occasional Visitor

Now I am worry and I supended AO 2 tier SSD & FC. Whether I start AO and SSD allways allocate 98% , do system  occur problem?

PS: I always create CPG all 64 disk SSD