1752806 Members
5552 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: IMC 4.7.3.2 Bugs?

cwatarai
Occasional Visitor

IMC 4.7.3.2 Bugs?

After we cleared out a decent amount of space from one of our 7400's, I ran a compact CPG in my 3PAR IMC 4.7.3.2 where I saw my task running yesterday but don't see it today.  I see it running in the SSMC and a co-worker sees it in his IMC (older version).  I'd prefer not downgrading my IMC and we always have the SSMC as another available console (yah...I know that HPE wants everyone to move away from the IMC) but has anyone else seen this disappearing running tasks behavior in your IMC 4.7.3.2 as well?

3 REPLIES 3
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: IMC 4.7.3.2 bugs?

What does the CLI show for that task?  By default the CLI won't show anything over 24 hours.

Perhaps IMC does the same?

cwatarai
Occasional Visitor

Re: IMC 4.7.3.2 bugs?

Unfortunately the compact CPG finished where I didn't look at the CLI while the task was running.  The thing is, my co-worker who's running an older version of the IMC saw my task running even the next day and I could see it in the SSMC so that's why I thought it might be an issue in the latest IMC version.  Oh well, no biggie.

vibeesh1
HPE Pro

Re: IMC 4.7.3.2 Bugs?

Hi

Check showtask -done /showtask -active  to see the compactcapg task  from CLI which you should able to identify with your start date.

Once you have the task ID, you can cehck the status/progress of the task using the below command

showtask -d <task ID>

I prefer to cehck the proper status checking over CLI than IMC/SSMC as these are GUI based and are prone to Bugs.

Saying this, IMC is no more under development as we already  started using the SSMC as an alternate.

Thanks!
Vibeesh V

Register a Kudo by clicking the thumb if this helped in your issue.
Please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution if issue is resolved

Accept or Kudo