HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage

Re: Invalid user (ssmcadmin) or password error when logging into SSMC TUI (3.8.0.0)

SOLVED
Go to solution
Paolo_c
Regular Advisor

Re: Invalid user (ssmcadmin) or password error when logging into SSMC TUI (3.8.0.0)

Turns out the issue was due to VMware console/browser issue. 

After rebuilding the appliance for the 3rd time last week i asked a colleague to change the ssmcadmin default password and then to try logging out and back into the appliance (which they were able to do). However when i attempted to login from my laptop i got the same invalid password error again as before (which I could see was because caps lock was still not functioning correctly for me) .  I also tried connecting to VMware console from a 2nd laptop (via citrix) with the same result !. However , because my colleague had managed to change the password correctly (without any upcase/lowercase) issues I was able to access the console via putty (which up until then id been unable to do). I was also able to login to the gui https://10.xxx.xxx.xx:8443 , connect to the 3PAR's, accept certificates and can now access all the new features under the original 3par username/password that i setup under the old (now disabled) 3.3.1 SSMC console