1753647 Members
6146 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Looking for help with logging into 3PAR

brentagade
Occasional Visitor

Looking for help with logging into 3PAR

Hello, I got hired on not long ago and previously, the main infrastructure was running a multi-blade system w VMware ESXi connected to a 3PAR 8000 and 8400 for the SAN. We were able to log into the web console to manage the 3PAR. Shortly after I came on, we migrated everything over to Nutanix as the primary for servers. We haven't logged into the 3PAR since this past fall. Recently I've tried to login to repurpose the storage, but the web console says "NO STORSERV SYSTEM CONNECTIONS DETECTED" and directs me to use the admin console to setup. I tried logging in with our previous username and password and it doesn't work. The warranty expired in Nov 2020 and they didn't renew since we migrated so HPE phone support is no help. We'll just be repurposing this SAN for archiving and some other stuff so data loss on the 3PAR is not an issue. Any thoughts or ideas on how to get in?
3 REPLIES 3
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @brentagade,

Looks like there are no 3PAR systems currently added to the SSMC. So the admin credentials (3paradm) doesn't authenticate. And the SSMC is redirecting you to 'admin console'.

Admin console uses different login credentials purely managed by your organization (it is different than 3paradm). Admin console is the page where you can add or remove the system.

So, get the admin console credentials and add the system to SSMC. Later you will be able to login to the SSMC to perform regular 3PAR administration activities. 

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of HPE.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

veeyarvi
HPE Pro

Hello brentagade,

There is no default username/password and the credentials are what we chose earlier. If we lost the old credentials, try uninstalling the SSMC completely and install fresh. After the installation follow the steps as mentioned in the user guide on setting up the arrays to use with.

Regards, 

Veeyarvi

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @brentagade,

Was that helpful to address the issue?

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo