HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
1752794 Members
6031 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Mounting an 3Par Snapshot on a windows server so it can be backed up by EMC Solution

EpcorProjMGR

Mounting an 3Par Snapshot on a windows server so it can be backed up by EMC Solution

Hello;

I have a question, I have tried to find an answer to this question, read lots of Post/discussions but Looking for some guidance.

We are using Recovery manager , it will schedule a monthly snap of a volume, I believe they will provide a unique name for that snap, lets call it "monthly", every month this will run once a month and overwrite the last copy.

Then we need to mount it to a window server that runs EMC backup software, and then schedule a backup to run.

What we need is a pre processing script that could be run that would mount the snapshot as a drive on the WIndows box,, the backup software would run the backup, and then run a post processing to disconnect the snapshot.

I have reviewed createvLun and the command to remove that connection but I don't see anywhere we we specify a drive letter or anything like that.  Can anyone provide some guidance on where I need to look.

Thanks