7229 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

P10000/V400 can't replace disk?

mujmuj
Occasional Contributor

P10000/V400 can't replace disk?

Hello,

We had a disk failure, I attempted to replace the disk with servicemag start -pdid 6. It was successful at this point. I tried replacing the disk with a new one and it failed with the disk not normal. I tried to dismisspd and it had referenced chunklets. I manually moved off all the chunklets and was able to dismisspd the disk.

I added a new physical disk, did admitpd and it found a new disk, but it still has the same WWN? I try a servicemag resume 0 2 and it gets stuck checking for a valid disk. It eventually fails with disk not normal.

I tried the unmark and clearstatus for servicemag to reset it all. I re-ran the servicemag start -pdid 6, and it runs fine. I again try the new physical disk, and it continues to fail for checking for a valid disk, and reports the old WWN/disk #6 as not normal and servicemag resume fails.

Any ideas? We do not have support on the array any longer.

3 REPLIES 3
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Re: P10000/V400 can't replace disk?

Hello @mujmuj,

Is that among the compatible/supported disk? Can you please let me know the SKU of the disk?

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of HPE.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

mujmuj
Occasional Contributor

Yes, this is the recommended by HPE spare disks and the same 600GB/15k disk I removed.

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hello @mujmuj,

Can you please provide the SKU of the disk and post the exact error message/screenshot.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of HPE.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo