New Discussion

Re: PMU 3par to Primera with peer persitence

SOLVED
Go to solution
francisco82
Advisor

PMU 3par to Primera with peer persitence

Hello team,

I have a migration but ... I am new to this topic and my question is ... if I have a host or hostset and all VVs of this
host are within a remote copy group and this VV is part of the peer persistence ... what would be the process to migrate this environment with the PMU?
I remove the VV from the remote copy and then migrate them with the PMU and having the VV in the new Storage, i  create the remote copy groups new?

or is there some other more automatic method?

Thank you very much in advance

6 REPLIES 6
sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hi Francis,

From which storage system (model) to which system are you migrating the volumes?

What is the OS version on both the systems? What is the SSMC version?

Regards,

Srinivas

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

francisco82
Advisor

hi sbhat09 ,

thank for try to healp me... i have 2 3PAR 7400  withe replication between them  and the version of the os is 3.2.2 (MU6).. the version of the two Primera A650 that will replace the two 3PAR is  4.01. .. i cheked the document of the PMU 2.4 for support matrix.. and is ok

francisco82
Advisor

hi sbhat09 ,

thank for try to healp me... i have 2 3PAR 7400  withe replication between them  and the version of the os is 3.2.2 (MU6).. the version of the two Primera A650 that will replace the two 3PAR is  4.01. .. i cheked the document of the PMU 2.4 for support matrix.. and is ok:

photo.png

the version of the SSMC is 3.7 but i don have planificate  make the migration with the SSMC... i will make the migration with the Peer Motion Utility 2.4

Regards...

FL.

sbhat09
HPE Pro

Hi Francis,

Thanks for the details.

There are options available to migrate the Volumes along with remote copy configuration.

Here you need to migrate volumes from Primary 3PAR and Secondary 3PAR separately (not necessarily in order).

The brief procedure migrate VVs from Old Primary (3PAR) to New Primary (Primera) :

1. Establish remote copy link between the new primary array and the existing secondary array

2. Configure peer motion and import VV to new storage (Primera)

3. Reestablishing remote copy between new primary and existing secondary

PMU1.JPG

The brief procedure migrate VVs from Old Secondary (3PAR) to New Secondary (Primera) :

1. Establish remote copy link between the New primary (Primera) and the new secondary (Primera)

2. Configure peer motion and import VV from Existing Secondary (3PAR) to new Secondary (Primera)

3. Reestablishing remote copy between new primary (Primera) and new secondary (Primera)

Detailed procedure is available in this document pg no. 352 onwards: 

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c04783896 

Regards,

Srinivas Bhat

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

francisco82
Advisor
Solution

sbhat09

thank a lot for you answer .... let me check this information.

Regards...

FL.

srini13
Visitor

francisco82 

Did you try the suggestion provided by "sbhat09", please share your experience. Any issues or siggestions which others to consider during migration..

Got simliar requirement .Have to migrate peer persistence Remotecopy groups to Primera from 3PAR